[Logo] Shadowlord & Dragoniade Inc
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
Messages posted by: Apuleius
Forum Index » Profile for Apuleius » Messages posted by Apuleius
Dragoniade, congratulations on another superb and wide-ranging update--sorry to hear the hunting didn't work out!
I especially liked the Brave and the Bold clips, and you're right, Dino Squad was really stupid. The fact that you've been able to keep such a large site going for long, and in such good shape, is pretty much unprecedented in the TF community, so hats off to you.
You mentioned possibly taking quick requests for the next update. Could I request Mischief City? It's one of those Canadian shows that never made it the U.S. and are impossible to see here. However, if the TF scenes aren't very good, forget about it. Thanks again, and keep up the great work.
Apuleius wrote:I run a blog devoted to listing male transformation scenes from TV, movies, and comics, and the site features several clips of recent material that may have slipped past the radar of TF fans. The address is here: http://maletf.blogspot.com/

I should also note that no material from Stonegate and Dragoniade's site has been used on the blog.
I run a blog devoted to listing male transformation scenes from TV, movies, and comics, and the site features several clips of recent material that may have slipped past the radar of TF fans. The address is here: http://maletf.blogspot.com/
Hello Dragoniade, and congrats for keeping this bigger-and-better-than-ever redesign of the site running for over a year now (and nearly 11 years in total).
I don't know the criteria of selecting material for the monthly update, but I wonder if I could make a request for the upcoming one--could you feature clips from some of the more obscure Canadian cartoons that you've logged, from shows like Mischief City and so on? I ask this because one of the things I appreciate most about your work is that you take notice of and record shows that many of us have never heard of and would never see without your efforts. Thanks very much!
All of the episodes under discussion are hard to find and I haven't seen them, but judging from their descriptions it sounds like they might have transformations in them.

Elliot Kid "The Werewolf" (BBC): "Eliot invites Kaytoo for a sleepover and Suzie invites her friend Diane. The boys discover that the girls are allowed to stay up later than them, because they need to be alone in order to transform into werewolves."

Jibber Jabber “Night of the Werewolf” (YTV): "A werewolf is on the loose, and Sir Duke of Jib and his manservant Jabbury must track it down before the curse of the werewolf is passed on."

Matt's Monsters "A Beastly Affliction" (?): "Teachers and smart people are falling victim to a strange illness, and their once high IQs seem to be dropping. They are turning into animals! Our heroes investigate and discover that a monster is behind the epidemic."
Dragoniade wrote:Here's the latest version I just compiled. Just a plain find command on Unix.

http://www.shadowlordinc.com/Dragoniade/List20100310.txt (294k)

Thank you--it's a very impressive list and it demonstrates that you've kept up with so many shows.
morwalugi wrote:archive.org's last version of planetfur.com

April 19 2008 post on teaser list

Thanks very much Morwalugi--I'd forgotten the url of the metamorphorum, and your advice worked like a charm.
Hello Dragoniade,

A while back you posted a list of TF scenes on metamorphorum. It listed recent TFs from shows that had happened in between the closing and revamp of your original site. I found the list very useful, since I was able to catch many episodes that I otherwise would have never noticed.
If you still have this list in a format that can be easily copied and pasted, could you post it to this forum? It would be a useful resource. Thanks very much.
Hello Dragoniade,

The "Asterix into Buffalo" clip at http://www.shadowlordinc.com/tfclip.view?Clip.Id=6927 doesn't seem downloadable or viewable. In any case, thanks for this weekend's update and all the best.
01. The new show "Kid Vs. Kat" features an upcoming episode called "Beware of the Were-Coop." YTV provides the following summary: "After Kat scratches Coop under a full moon, Dennis is convinced his best friend will transform into a deadly were-cat. At first Coop scoffs, but with a little help from Kat, he soon succumbs to his ferocious, feline fate." A TF seems quite likely. This show hasn't yet begun airing in the US, but YTV has already aired part of the first season. This week it airs the sixth episode--the were-cat episode is the ninth episode.

02. The next show is considerably more difficult to find...
A few years back Marathon Studios produced a cartoon called "Team Odyssey," an anime-style retelling of The Odyssey. The fifth episode is called "Circe" and features two cast members being turned into pigs. You can see an image and German language summary at this site: http://www.kika.de/scripts/fernsehen/a_z/index.cfm?b=m&a=4&i=1272&an=2
Alas, this episode seems nearly impossible to find. The first three episodes were released on DVD, but that seems to be it.

03. The pilot episode and first two episodes of the BBC series "Being Human" all feature excellent werewolf transformation scenes. So far it's only been broadcast online, but it's circulating online in all the usual forms one might expect.
Dragoniade wrote:It aired on Teletoon saturday. I got it captured, but sadly, there aren't that many detail.

Sadly yes, there was only one TF scene and it was way too quick. Hopefully other recent cartoons have featured better TF scenes.
Dragoniade wrote:Which channel?

Cartoon Network in the USA--I'm not sure which channel in Canada, unless CN has a Canadian branch.
It looks like this episode, airing this Saturday, will feature a gorilla transformation.

Forum Index » Profile for Apuleius » Messages posted by Apuleius
Go to: