[Logo] Shadowlord & Dragoniade Inc
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
Video viewing prefered choice  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
Poll
When it come to only video, what viewing method do you prefer?
Online only with no offline download capability (Ex.: You Tube) 0% [ 0 ]
Offline only with download of the video (Ex.: Mega Upload, Bittorrent, etc) 0% [ 0 ]
Low/Medium quality online video and High quality offline download 100% [ 2 ]
Other thoughts 0% [ 0 ]
I don't watch video, I just want to see the results 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2
Dragoniade
Ancient Wyrm
[Avatar]

For years, I've been promoting having video files available for download on the site.
When You Tube came, I was kind of annoyed when people were telling me to go to You Tube and stop managing the site.

One of my main issue (and still is) with You Tube and other online video site, is their refusal to allow people to Download the video for offline viewing. As bandwidth is somewhat limited for some people, both in speed in capacity, download a video over and over each time you wanted to replay it wasn't appealing to me.

Of course, there are download utilities, must most are a pain to get to work or are commercial products.

On the other hand, you have site where you can just download files and not give any preview, live playback. Bucket like mega upload or distributed content like bittorrent are such media. You normally need to know what to expect, and look elsewhere in case of doubt.

Some site, though in my memory, they are mostly specialized site like game company (Bethesda) or critic site allows their visitor to both see and save their trailer/video.

So, what are you preferred method? Do you have unlimited internet and prefer to watch file online?
Do you prefer to save the video and watch them anywhere, anytime, on any device, internet available or not?
Do you care if the online video is of a lesser quality, if the downloaded content is original and the quality hasn't been altered?
Or do you simple don't watch anything?

Your inputs are welcome.

This poll is on both
on Deviantart : http://dragoniade.deviantart.com/journal/poll/3105170/
Shadowlord inc: http://www.shadowlordinc.com/forum/posts/list/0/96.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 25/08/2012 08:21:11

[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]

Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to: