[Logo] Shadowlord & Dragoniade Inc
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
clips not playing?  XML
Forum Index » Help!
howe93
Hatchling

how come 90% of the clips aren't functional-downloadable?
morwalugi
Hatchling

90% of the clips that have been uploaded or 90% of the rest?
[WWW]
Dragoniade
Ancient Wyrm
[Avatar]

The short answer is because 85% of the clips aren't uploaded yet due to the amount of data that need to be uploaded.

Roughly, there is about 60GB and 10'000 files to upload. The final number will be known when I'll have finished uploading the duplicated files that have been recaptured at better resolution and count double on my local files listing.

But I'm trying to upload more content once or twice a week, more or less depending of my free time.
For instance, I didn't upload anything in the past week because I was on vacation, but I update 3 times the week before.

Uploading 60 GB take time, and inputing 10'000 filenames in the database take even more time.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
FreemanxXx
Hatchling

I'm kinda happy i'm not you..:/
Having to go through all that.
I wouldn't be able to go through them all
[MSN]
Dragoniade
Ancient Wyrm
[Avatar]

FreemanxXx wrote:I'm kinda happy i'm not you..:/
Having to go through all that.
I wouldn't be able to go through them all

This is sort of why there aren't many transformation media archivers.
Other than Dutchman, Stonegate (I'm not sure he's still active) and I, I can't think of anyone.

And sadly, media archivers are the people that get the less, if any, recognition among the community.
Ask Dutchman about it.

Just last week, there was another 'The Community is dying'. "Shadowlord and Dragoniade Inc." was labeled as "Alive but barely updating"...
What? I'm trying to update every week or so, and I'm barely updating? While some artists only update once a month and are considered "active"?
Sometime, I wonder what I would have to do just to have some people shut up and start complaining IN PUBLIC.

And seeing no people willing to help in the contest is not to help give some seeing some more 'recognition'.

But it's something I started, and I'm not a quitter.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]

Forum Index » Help!
Go to: